So at this point I've played the game for approximately 1 hour.  At first it was tough to even understand what to do, but after hovering and clicking through everything I started to follow.
 Nathan's Lair.png

You start with a basic abandoned lair with 3 guys in black suits.  I assumed they were my minions at first, wondered why they were not yellow, but then was told they were agents.  You click on them and click execute and they are auto killed, not by other minions, just out of thin air by a gun.  That's a little strange to me as the immersion is missing on this part.  After they are dead you spam click on trash and other things in your lair, your minion then runs around vacuuming the messes.

After that you install a Money Launderer as that's your source of gold income.  It's not self sufficient as each time the green icon pops above it as in the image below you have to click so your minion will go harvest the gold out of it.  With that said it looks like you have to have the game open and running to earn gold, but that's no different than any other game.
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.28.49 PM.png

Below is an image of a goal of building your barracks.  They build almost immediately, no tnt required.
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.29.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.30.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.30.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.30.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.30.44 PM.png

Now here is where it show's it's Facebook style nature.  As you can see in the image below, the mission takes 15 minutes to run and you do nothing but sit until it's done unless you speed it up with diamonds that you can purchase with real money.  Not a fan of that.
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.31.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.34.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.38.18 PM.png

That's all for now.  I'm going to continue playing and provide feedback/screenshots.  It seems like a lot of clicking without much strategy.  Even though it's not what us EG2 fans were hoping for it's a start.  Now if only it can earn as much as a Farmville type game we may just get our true EG2.

What are your guys thought?

Are there any new features/rooms etc or things that have been taken out in comparison to EG? What is the competitive aspect between players? Is there only a rank system or can you send resources or do aggressive actions against other players? Last question, from what you've seen so far, is it possible to get all the stuff in the game without investing real money?

The game looks really nice from the screenshots, I hope it will be a big success and it will pave the way for EG2.

So far all I've seen are rooms that are serve the same purposes as existing rooms in EG.  There are some new objects that were not in EG to create resources you need to upgrade other objects.

I don't see any competition aspects with other players other than you can click on their liar and visit it, drop agents in there to destroy things and you get some gold out of it.  Limit of like 4 agents per 24 hours so nothing big.  You can request resources from one another but have yet to receive anything.

No it's not possible to get all the stuff in the game without investing money.  Some things are only purchasable with the in game credits which sucks.

Signed up myself and am enjoying it so far. I expected to at least be setting some traps for nosey agents by the end of the day, but after about 8 hours of back and forth cleaning/checking mission status, I finished the day with a tech lab, barracks, mess hall and an upgraded control center.  No real action- just farmville type play style, build then wait then wait some more, then collect. There aren't even 5 minute missions that I can lure myself into believing I'm controlling the game.  Some of the downsides may be because I'm new to the game, but it also seems like I will not be able to play this game on my own. I will have to be that friend that spams my facebook wall with invites to get items that can only be obtained through friends' gifting or spending diamonds. Having said that, I'm hanging in to see what developments come.

In more advanced levels, can you build traps and such?

Signed up myself and am enjoying it so far. I expected to at least be setting some traps for nosey agents by the end of the day, but after about 8 hours of back and forth cleaning/checking mission status, I finished the day with a tech lab, barracks, mess hall and an upgraded control center.  No real action- just farmville type play style, build then wait then wait some more, then collect. There aren't even 5 minute missions that I can lure myself into believing I'm controlling the game.  Some of the downsides may be because I'm new to the game, but it also seems like I will not be able to play this game on my own. I will have to be that friend that spams my facebook wall with invites to get items that can only be obtained through friends' gifting or spending diamonds. Having said that, I'm hanging in to see what developments come.

In more advanced levels, can you build traps and such?

Nope, mostly the reason I quit playing b/c it's just not fun.

I'm very disappointed with EG2 so far. I've owned EG1 since it was released 10 years ago and I dip into it every year. I've recently started a new mission. I can't stand all these micro transaction games on PC. They are fine for casual gamers in tablets or smartphones but on my PC I just want to pay for the game up front and then play it with all it's features intact from the point of purchase. I don't want to be forced to use Facebook to play a game. 

I've played it for a short time and everytime you do anything a box pops up for me to 'share' it on FB. Why would I want to share everything I do in a game with everyone? That's just likely to drive my FB 'friends' nuts as well as me with FB opening a new tab in my browser each time. Also, the button is strategically placed where the continue button should be and you need to click on the small X in the top right hand corner of the box to continue.

The bottom of the screen is taken up by FB icons, none of which relate to in game play unless you are that desperate for everyone to know everything you do.

The game looks nice but it's all just put me right off and I won't be playing, or recommending this game if it remains in it's current form. You don't even feel like you're joined to the wider world as there doesn't appear to be a surrounding island with visiting tourists walking around.

I'm extremely disappointed to be honest but I hope those sorts that live for FB enjoy it because they're all developers seem to be catering for these days, not actual gamers who want to pay for a good product and be left alone to play it in peace.